So I’m finally on the road! Have been living in Miles for 3 weeks, and on the road for one. I’m still working full time, so I haven’t figured out where blogging fits in my usual routine. I did find time over a couple of weekends to slap a video tour together, though!
This was my first time producing video in a long time, and I’m not sure whether I’ll prefer to do more video or text in the future. I don’t want to hear about my production quality or verbal fillers.
This is the first post!
I’ve got a lot to say, but right now I’m not ready to talk about everything from the start. Soon I’ll write more with background details about how I decided to get into full-time RVing, how I settled on the trailer and tow vehicle I ended up buying, and what my plans are from here. For now, a brief rundown:
I’m Zeke Weeks:
- Single 28-year-old guy from Colorado.
- Born in Boulder
- Lived in Tempe, Arizona during High School
- Went to college at Colorado State University
- Business major, Computer Information Systems concentration, Spanish minor
- When I was a kid, I made websites as a hobby.
- As a teen, I got into blogging and have been writing about all kinds of things on ZekeWeeks.com ever since.
- I now own a web consulting company. I do most of my work from home or wherever I’ve got an internet connection.
- I’ve been living in Denver since 2012.
Athena’s a little rescue mutt who was born in February 2015.
She looks like a lab, but her DNA test says otherwise. Athena stopped growing at a medium-smallish size, is SUPER extroverted and friendly, and is a good wrestler.
The tow vehicle: “Barry”
Barry is a 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4×4 Limited:
- 5.7-liter V8 – 381HP, 401ft.-lb. torque (at sea level, at least…)
- Rated to tow just shy of 10,000 lbs.
- Gets about 15 miles per gallon in the city, 19 MPG on the highway, and 8.8MPG when towing my trailer.
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2 tires
- Extendable towing mirrors
- Aftermarket wheel flares & HID+Fluorescent Halo+LED running and tail lights
- ARE camper shell
- Ranch Hand Sport rear bumper
- Tinted glass everywhere but the windshield
- Everything but the tires was installed by the previous owner. This baby had everything I was planning to install after purchase ready to go! I bought Barry with 63,000 miles and in great shape.
- Barry feels ridiculous driving through Denver’s cramped old neighborhood streets – the towing mirrors feel like huge ears sticking out the sides. This is how he got named after another Barry with big ears.
The Trailer: “Miles”
Miles is a 2013 Arctic Fox 25Y from Northwood RV Manufacturing.
- 30 feet long from bumper to hitch
- About 6,800 lbs. without anything inside or in the tanks
- 10,000 lb. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating
- Named after Miles, mascot for the Denver Broncos.
I’ll rave all about why I went to this trailer another time. I bought it used in California, camped there for my first week with it, and towed it back to Colorado.